Let us have a look back at 2014, a good traveling year for us.
Do have in mind that we’re a part time traveling couple, and it’s not always easy to find time to travel.
In 2014 we had 60 days away from home, 60 days spread over 12 countries:
– Vatican City
One of those traveling days was a bonus, if we can call it that. Not something we wanted, but not everything goes as planned when you travel around the world. That happened when we missed our plane from Istanbul.
We stayed at 18 different hotels and had one night in a Bedouin camp.
We have fulfilled 5 things on our Bucket List:
– We’ve been visiting a new continent: Asia
– We’ve seen on more of the Seven New Wonders of the World: Petra
– We’ve become certified PADI divers
– We’ve stayed at a castle (or actually three)
– We’ve seen the Cart Ruts on Malta
We’ve taken 18 flights, with a total flight time of approximately 73 hours. The distance is the same as 1.3 times around the earth (roughly 51.265 km)
What’s the highlight of the year?
Here we have to mention two things:
– Staying a whole day and night out in the desert of Wadi Rum
– Diving in Cenotes in Mexico. Indescribable!
Our most read blog post of the year: The Le Chique Experience
Overall, over the years we have traveled together we have:
– 45 flights behind us (only one domestic)
– flown 3.4x around earth
– spent over 191 hours and 20 minutes in a plane
– been to 4 continents (Europe, North America, Asia and Oceania)
– visited 25 countries (Estonia, Denmark, Italy and the Vatican City, Mexico, Spain, Austria, Czech republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Greece, Iceland, France, Australia, UK, Germany, Jordan, Israel and Palestine, Turkey, USA, Malta, Sweden and our home country; Norway)