Around on the internet you’ll find a whole bunch of lists, lists about where you must go, all the amazing places you have to visit, what you have to do, and.. Yeah, I think you get where we’re going…
It’s a great way to get some inspiration, but it’s so much more important to create your own list. Where would YOU like to go? What do YOU want to see? What do YOU want to do?
We are all (as travel bloggers) dreaming about seeing the world, but we’ve got different interests, we get excited for different reasons and find different things fascinating.
Create your own bucket list, because it’s that list which really counts. Why do whatever a total stranger dreams about?
There is so much to see, so much to do and we want to see the whole world, but at the moment, as part time travelers, we’re taking it bit by bit. There are some places that stand out, some places we find very fascinating and activities we dream about, that counts more than other stuff. And as time pass by our list grows longer, because we’re being inspired by other travel bloggers and get to know about places we never heard about before (thank you all for sharing!).
But here’s our bucket list; things we want to do and places we want to see before we die:
- Travel “down under” (We visited Australia in 2013 for a three week long road trip. In 2016 we went back and spent one month driving over 12.000km in a campervan)
- Join a helicopter tour (Did that on Tenerife)
Bungee jump(Jon did it in Africa before we met, and Monica did it at the end of the African overland tour)
- Skydive (we did that in Australia)
Safari in Africa(In March/Apri 2015l we went on an overland tour)
- Visit the beautiful northern country; Iceland (In May 2013 we drove the ring road route)
- Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower (did that July 2013)
- Visit every continent (Together we have South America and Antarctica left)
- See The Seven New Wonders of the World
- (We’ve seen Petra, Chichen Itza, Colosseum and The Great Wall of China).
- See the pyramids in Egypt
Become certified PADI divers
- Celebrate the New Year’s Eve in a big city (we have celebrated the NYE on a beach on Bali)
- Visit the Yellowstone National park
- Dive on the Great Barrier Reef (We joined an introductory dive and in 2016 we went back as certified divers)
- Go on a long-term adventure
Stay at a castle(We did stay at several on our road trip in southern Sweden)
- See the Cart Ruts on Malta (we saw the Cart Ruts at Clapham Junction in June 2014)
- Snorkel/dive with Whale sharks
- Visit the mysterious Easter Island
- Take a hot air balloon ride
See an active volcano(did see flowing lava in a crater in Nicaragua)
- Go to Salar de Uyuni, the worlds biggest salt flats, in Bolivia
- Visit Angkor Wat in Cambodia
- Go on a cruise
- Explore the mysterious archeological sight of Puma Punku in Bolivia
Go Horseback Riding abroad(We did that in Costa Rica)
- Drive from Cape North in Norway to Cape Point in South Africa
- Take a great American road trip (as many states as possible)
- Celebrate Christmas in a foreign country.
Go gorilla trekking(We were able to do this in Uganda)
- Learn to sail and sail around the world
- Take the Trans-Siberian Railway from Moscow to Beijing via Mongolia